- Nominations for Life Membership must be made on the official life member nomination form .
- The Nominee must be nominated and seconded by existing financial members of Forster/Tuncurry U3A one of which must be an active member (as the holder of historical knowledge ).
- The Nominee for Life membership must have given a minimum of 10 years continuous membership and outstanding service with Forster/Tuncurry U3A, unless exceptional circumstances can be cited.
- The Nominee must be a current Financial Member.
- Length of membership alone is not appropriate.
- The Nomination must articulate the reasons why Life Membership is considered appropriate and where possible, specific examples of work or involvement which has significantly progressed Forster/Tuncurry U3A should be cited.
- Nominations must reach the Forster/Tuncurry U3A Secretary no later than eight (8) weeks before the AGM
- All Nominations are to be treated with the strictest of CONFIDENCE.
- Once having received a nomination, the Forster/Tuncurry U3A Secretary must take the nominations to the Committee to scrutinise the information.
- The Committee will consider only nominations made in the period since the Last Annual General Meeting.
- Successful Nominees will be presented with their Life Membership status of the Forster/Tuncurry U3A AGM or at the end of year Luncheon.
III Criteria for consideration
- Verify date nomination was received and that both proposer and seconder are financial members of the Forster/Tuncurry U3A
- Verify that the nominee is a financial member of the Forster/Tuncurry U3A
- Verify that nominee has been a continuous financial member of the Forster/Tuncurry U3A for the minimum of 10 years.
- Less than 10 years may be considered if exceptional circumstances are involved.
- Satisfy yourself that the work and or involvement indicated has significantly progressed the Club’s development.
- Nomination to be decided by majority vote of Committee.
- The decision is final and if a nomination is not endorsed by the Committee an additional nomination could be submitted in future financial years.